Heating your water can account for up to 30% of your household energy budget. It is imperative that you understand how your heater works, and that it is performing in optimal condition. In general water heaters are reliable, however there are some signs that you can safely watch for. These following signs should prompt you to contact a license professional.
- Green or white discoloration on the piping above the heater.
- Small white particles in the sinks, tubs, or showers.
- Any moisture or signs of water near or around the heater.
- Hot water runs out quickly.
- Any strange smells originating from the heater.
- Loud popping sounds or noises.
- Rusty colored water.
If you have an electric water heater switching to natural gas can save up to 50% energy savings instantly. If you are a person who likes to get the full life of their heaters we will give you some tips. Standard water heaters last approximately 10 years on average. Here are precautions that you can take to lengthen the life of your heater.
- Install a water conditioning and filtration system. This can double the life of a new heater install.
- Lower the temperature setting to reduce scaling.
- Replace the anode rod on the heater.
- Replace the dip tube.
- Replace the water heater.
- For water heater repair and installation services, call LiveGreen Plumbing Services, LLC at (877) 401-3637.
When you are prepared to truly save on utilities and save our resources consider a tank less or hybrid water heater. The units are on demand units and only call for energy when the water is turned on. They save on average 30%-50% of your current energy usage. These units last approximately 20 years.
LiveGreen Plumbing Services has expert plumbing professionals that can service, repair or replace your water heater call us today (877) 401-3637.
LiveGreen Plumbing Services is a certified repair specialist and installer for Navien Products. Navien is the most efficient tankless product on the market. You can visit their website at http://us.navien.com.